Monday, April 12, 2010

New Idea


Ok, so I started thinking about personal perspective and went back to an original subject matter, the black panthers. I've changed the eyes to be of different races because I feel that if people were more understanding of others and their experience, paramilitary groups such as the black panthers would not have (and still wouldn't be) necessary. The "new" eyes are in color, because cultural issues are never black and white. Oh, and I left blank spots because I have yet to compile some drawings into this draft. Thoughts? Comments?

1 comment:

  1. Lauren
    This is good again, BUT You have to DIG DEEP! You should STOP making images and START MAKING questions for us to wonder about/interact with. OFFEND US< THRILL US > PACIFY US> BEAT US- make me think/ do things!!!!! I want you to have a group of STUDIES that address the issues you are questioning. ASK questions!!!! BUT MAKE STRONG DECISIONS!!! HIT US HARD!!!!!!

    Try anything, try everything that helps us understand your ideas:
    UNDERSTANDING OTHERS PERSPECTIVES!!!!!!!!! What happens when I DON'T??? AND when I do???
    I could picture a world where men were asked to be carried around in BABY CARRIAGES, I mean aren't they babies? Women, well, they are HYSTERICAL, they pull their hair out in emotional fits and cry at the grocery store bec. the eggplants were bruised. Young people, they are RUDE and only care about themselves- you could be bleeding to death and they would smoke a cigarette over your dying body------and ON and ON and ON and ON!!! SHOW ME YOUR IMAGES of beliefs, of stereotypes and the images of how to heal these ails. SHOW ME: Lauren Rockwell's WORLD!!!!

    BE well and have fun, Tom

    ReplyDelete